Effective Date: 5/9/17
Information we collect
The App collects two different kinds of information from you:
- Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is information that could be used to identify you as an individual or that could be used to contact or locate you.
- Non-personally identifiable information (“non-PII”) is any other kind of information we collect from you.
Methods of collection
The Company collects your information both actively and passively. Active data collection occurs when you enter your information when you are creating an account with the App. Passive data collection occurs without your affirmative consent by the App’s use of analytic and reporting technologies.
Actively collected PII
We collect your user ID (your email address), password, and facilitator ID when you register with the App. These data items are considered PII because each of them could either: (i) be used individually to identify you or to contact you or (ii) be used in combination with each other to access your account.
Passively collected PII
We will never collect PII without your affirmative consent.
Passively collected non-PII
We collect certain anonymous information about your use of the App. Examples of this anonymous information are: your operating system, the date and time of use, geographical information, and device type. This is not an exhaustive list of the types of passive non-PII we may collect; it merely provides examples.
Use of your information
The PII we collect from you may be used to communicate with you. We do not sell your PII to any third parties.
The non-PII we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To improve our App
- To improve customer service
- To comply with applicable legal requirements or industry standards
Except for the tracking of your first 60 minutes of skills performance, the Company will never link your PII with your non-PII in a way that would allow us to identify your behaviors on a personal level. As an example, the Company will not keep a record of how may times you have personally used our App. Instead, the Company may conglomerate your usage statistics with those of others to look for trends.
Protection of your information
The Company uses reasonable practices and technologies to safeguard your information against illegal intrusion and unauthorized access. No security measures are 100% reliable, however, so the Company cannot guarantee the security of your PII.
Third-party access to your information
The Company may provide your information to the following third parties:
- Service providers. The Company may disclose your PII to service providers who maintain our App and to service providers who process our payments. These trusted service providers will have access to your PII but may not use your PII for any purposes other than those to which they have been entrusted. The Company shall use reasonable efforts to ensure that these service providers hold your PII in confidence. In addition, the Company shall only disclose your PII to third parties that the Company believes, in good faith, follow acceptable privacy and security policies.
- Legal enforcement. The Company may disclose your PII to investigate or enforce violations of our rights. The Company may also disclose your PII to protect the security of our App. In addition, the Company reserves the right to disclose your PII if the Company has a good faith belief that this disclosure is necessary to satisfy a legal proves or enforceable government request (such as a subpoena) or to be in compliance with any law or regulation.
- Successors. The Company may transfer your PII as part of a sale, merger, acquisition, or any other change of control. In addition, the Company reserves the right to transfer your PII to protect the Company’s legal rights in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership, assignment, or any application of creditor’s rights.
Correction or removal of your information
Policy with regard to children
The Company will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen (13) as is consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). If, as a parent or guardian, you discover your child under the age of thirteen has supplied the Company with PII, you may contact the Company and we will remove your child’s information from our database. In this communication with us, please provide the user ID and password used by your child to enter their PII onto our App.
B & G Educational Innovations, LLC