How To Use RLSimApp - Instructions
- Check for any available ReaLifeSim App updates.
- Your Launch Page is the LOGIN page. Enter the information requested and click LOGIN. To reiterate the information previously stated in the "New Participant" section, your sign-in screens will NOT AUTO-FILL like many apps. This safety feature prevents the accidental recording of a student's skills performance in an account that is not their own when smartphones and tablets are shared.
- This next screen is the HOME screen. It contains the review list of your previously recorded sessions and, at the bottom of this page, the microphone icon. The review list is organized with the most recently recorded session at the top of list and the returning user’s first session at the bottom.
- Click the microphone icon on the bottom of the HOME screen to link to the DEVICE LIST screen.
- Check that your ReaLifeSim battery box is on. (2 AA batteries must be inserted)
- Select the device name of the battery box with which you will be working, connect (pair), and proceed to record a session. If the connection does not quickly occur - turn off the battery box, wait a few seconds, turn it back on, and retry the process.
Add or Change Facilitator
- Open the side menu, and select “My Profile”.
- Select the blue, circular edit button with the white pencil inside at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your facilitator email address in the “Facilitator email address” box.
NOTE: make sure you have entered the facilitator’s email address correctly with no spelling errors!
- Select the circular blue button at the bottom with the white check mark inside at the bottom of the screen.
- You have now linked your account to your facilitator. This change will not change anything you've already recorded. You must enter the facilitator name prior to recording a session for the facilitator to have access to the recording.
Ready To Record Your Session
HOME screen again. To begin recording, click the microphone at the bottom of the screen.
On the record session screen, the audio recording will begin immediately, as indicated by the audio waveform graphic.
When recording, you may pause and restart the audio recording. To pause the audio recording, click the pause icon at the bottom of the screen. When the audio is paused, the icon is changed to the microphone icon which, when pressed, will restart the audio. A maximum of 10 minutes of audio recording is allowed per session.
The session is ended and saved by pressing the stop recording icon in the middle of the screen. Click the stop session icon in the middle of the record session screen presents the save session dialog. This dialog gives you the opportunity to save providing a specific name for the session on the Home Screen review session list shown previously.
After providing a session name and clicking save, the detailed session recording screen will play back your audio recording and show the correlated time/date identification for needle insertion "misses".
From the session detail screen, click the back arrow top left brings you back to the HOME screen and the opportunity to begin another session OR review a prior session.
Pressing the menu icon top left for a left side menu that includes:
HOME Home Screen session review list & begin session microphone icon.
DEVICE LIST Device List screen with the list of available where you can connect to a ReaLifeSim unit to record a session.
MY PROFILE Profile screen where you can review the information you provided
HELP Email our customer service representative or comment on a BLOG with a related issue.
LOGOUT Ends a participant’s interaction and presents the LOGIN screen for the next user to begin a simulation session.
Pressing the LOGOUT option of the menu will present the LOGIN screen.